By Laura Noyes, Owner of Riverside Food Tours - July 5, 2017.
The 4th of July has past so let's celebrate summer while it lasts!
Here are seven free activities in downtown Cincinnati to enjoy!
1. Smale Riverfront Park - Kids of all ages will enjoy the swings, slides, rock climbing, a giant foot piano, misters and fountains in this 45 acre park on the banks of the Ohio River. http://www.cincinnatiparks.com/smale-riverfront-park/
2. John A. Roebling Bridge - This National Historic Landmark connects downtown Cincinnati and Covington, Kentucky providing easy access to popular attractions on both sides of the river and a spectacular view! http://www.cincinnati-transit.net/suspension.html
3. Washington Park – Across the street from Music Hall in Over the Rhine is a gem of a park. It features a playground for kids, interactive water features, and bandstand gazebo with live musical acts, a dog park and more. Free programs include concerts, movie nights, fitness classes and kids activities. http://washingtonpark.org/
4. Findlay Market Tours - Findlay Market is Ohio's oldest continuously operated public market and one of Cincinnati's most cherished institutions, welcoming more than a million visitors a year. Free 30 minute tours are offered twice a month on the 2nd & 4th Saturday at 10am. The tour is open to the first 20 people to sign up. http://findlaymarket.org/
5. Art on Vine - Art on Vine hosts 60+ artists displaying fine art and handmade goods every month, filling Rhinegeist Brewery during the fall & winter and Fountain Square in the spring and summer months. Receiving more than 100 entries each month, Art on Vine was created to provide a unique, fun, one-on-one art buying experience. The show operates the first Sunday of every month from noon – 6pm. http://www.artonvinecincy.com
6. The City Flea - The City Flea is Cincinnati's original curated, urban flea market that takes place once a month at Washington Park and various other locations through out the year. Vendors range from vintage dealers to artisan pizza makers to plant studios. http://www.thecityflea.com
7. ArtWorks Mural Tour – ArtWorks hires young talent to work with professional artists to make innovative public art in the Greater Cincinnati community. Take a free self guided tour (includes over a 100 murals): http://www.artworkscincinnati.org/media/artworks_muralmap2016.pdf
Join us on a Cincinnati Streetcar Food & Culture Tour - Do you love history, sightseeing, architecture and trying local restaurants unique to Cincinnati? Join us on a Cincinnati Streetcar food tour and be treated like a VIP as we guide you through this glorious city. From downtown to uptown, we know this city and we love to share it with locals and visitors. Sit back, relax and let us take care of everything on this 3 hour culinary sightseeing adventure!
Tickets 1-800-656-0713 ~Hosted by owners, Mike & Laura Noyes
When: Every Tuesday & Friday 1:00-4:00pm
Where: 145 Second St E, Cincinnati, OH 45202
What’s included: Guided tour and sightseeing of the city, dining at 5 restaurants, 1 alcohol tasting and all day streetcar pass.
Cost: $59.00 Tickets purchased at http://riversidefoodtours.com/calendar/